Wayne's World, but not really.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Amsterdam Schiphol Airport

  • OK, so I'm an Internet thief. I'm at a laptop bar in Amsterdam on a layover from Chicago to Nice. Normally, I'd have had to pay 10 Euros for Internet access, but I cleverly glanced at an access-code card that an unsuspecting businessman purchased after he sat down next to me. I quickly entered the code online, and as a result, he was confused when he couldn't log on and later had to ask an attendant to reissue him another code.
  • The eight-hour flight from Chicago was uneventful. Unfortunately, I couldn't fall asleep on the plane, which means my jet lag will progressively get worse as the day goes on.
  • I ended up watching Woody Allen's "Match Point" on the plane, which coincidentally was screened at the Cannes Film Festival last year. The film is about a Brit who falls in love with Scarlett Johansson, but with sexy and grisly results. I'd give the film 2.5 out of 4 Ebert stars -- it had flashes of brilliance, but was too long and meandered.
  • Once I got off the plane and began walking around the airport terminal, I ran into a guy named Joe who was wearing a University of Illinois T-shirt. After talking to him for a minute, I found out he was on the flight with me -- and then we both realized we knew each other from college. Joe is friends with my former roommate Dave, and was at my old apartment a few times during 2004. Small world, huh?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home