Wayne's World, but not really.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Celebrities

In response to the comment on my previous post about my lack of celebrity encounters, I guess I'd say there are celebrities everywhere in Cannes, but many of them are inaccessible unless you're a key player in the movie industry or a journalist from a prominent media outlet.

Most celebrities stay outside of Cannes and only venture in for premieres and parties. When they do cone in, they are closely guarded and cordoned off from the public.

I've seen lots of movie stars at news conferences and on the red carpet, but none of them just walk around Cannes -- mainly because they would be mobbed.

Parties are a good way to meet celebrities, but invitations are scarce and only go to key industry people or prominent entertainment journalists.

Meanwhile, I haven't really gone out to clubs or bars at night, if only because I'm on a budget and can't afford a $45 taxi ride home after the trains stop at midnight.

I've heard a few funny stories, such as one case where someone pointed out that a homeless guy playing the harmonica looked a lot like Nick Nolte. It turned out that it was a shaggy bearded Nick Nolte dressed in shaggy clothes.

But really, celebrity sightings just aren't my thing.

***
Director Richard Linklater, Keanu Reeves and Robert Downey Jr. participated in a news conference Thursday about "A Scanner Darkly."


Video footage of the trio arriving.

1 Comments:

  • So what drug did Robert Downey Junior look like he was on: cocaine, heroin, meth, ecstacy or some creative combination thereof?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home