Wayne's World, but not really.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Roger Ebert returns my calls after all

Film critic Roger Ebert just e-mailed me back. For those who don't know, I wrote a column about Roger Ebert several years back. At the time, I was a study-abroad student in South Africa, and I used what we shared in common to secure an e-mail interview with him.

Ebert grew up in Urbana, Ill., and went to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He was editor in chief of The Daily Illini, and after graduating, he spent a year in South Africa as a Rotary fellow.

He suggested that we meet for coffee at the American Pavillion sometime during the festival. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • Hey bub, thanks for calling. I didn't know who 000012345 was (that's what showed up on called ID) so I didn't pick up. I'll know better next time!

    When and if you get the face-to-face with Rog, give him what for about his review of American Dreamz. I'm the liberalist bastard he ever met and even I wouldn't bite on something that dreckish.

    By Blogger printjunky, at 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home